Curious about the effects of Melanotan 2?
You should be if you’re at all into “researching” tanned skin. While sunbathing at the beach is great for a vacation, sitting in the sun for too long can put you at a real risk for skin cancer. And, in the long term, it’s really not good for your skin: tanning can give you strange pigmentation, skin damage, and wrinkles.
Luckily for your “test subjects”, Melanotan 2 can give that darker skin without the dangers of the sun.
In this article, we’ll give you a full Melanotan 2 review—it’s everything you need to know, including how it’s different from Melanotan 1, its benefits, its side effects, and even a Melanotan 2 dosage and administration guidem for your “test subjects”.
Buy Melanotan 2 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world: Peptides Sciences
Buy Melanotan 2 from the #1 online Peptides vendor in the world: Peptides Sciences
P.S: This is not medical or legal advice. This is strictly for entertainment purposes. We are not doctors – nor lawyers. All information below is presented for use on “test subjects” only. Not for human consumption. Please read my disclaimer.
What is Melanotan 2?
Melanotan is a synthetic peptide, which means it’s a chain of amino acids that has been created in a lab. It’s made to be identical to alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH) which is made naturally in your body and secreted by the pituitary gland .
α-MSH binds with your body’s melanocortin receptors to have a bunch of different effects in your body. There are five different types of melanocortin receptors, and each of them has a different effect when it is activated .
- MC-1R: this receptor stimulates the darkening of skin and hair.
- MC-2R: this receptor promotes the secretion of various hormones from the adrenal glands.
- MC-3R: this receptor helps control appetite and energy regulation.
- MC-4R: this receptor increases sexual behavior and is involved with erectile function in men.
- MC-5R: this receptor works on sweat glands.
Your body’s natural α-MSH binds to these receptors and has a bunch of different regulatory effects through them.
Melanotan 2, sometimes known as Melanotan II, MT-2, or MT-II, is a synthetic version of α-MSH that was developed in the 1980s in Arizona. It was found in animal models to increase sexual arousal and to darken the skin and hair. Scientists began developing it as a way to tan skin without the sun, but they also found that it had a number of other effects too. These effects include:
Melanotan 1 vs. Melanotan 2
So what’s the difference between Melanotan 1 vs. Melanotan 2?
They are mostly similar. Both are peptides that have been made to mimic the body’s natural α-MSH. They both darken the skin without exposure to the sun by binding to the MC-1 receptor.
But they are somewhat different chemically and that means they bind to different receptors to some extent. They also have slightly different effects. MT-2 tends to be more popular for tanning and is usually less expensive. MT-2 also has a much longer half-life, so it lasts much longer in the body and is more flexible to use.
Another difference is that MT-1 is approved by the FDA as a prescription medication for preventing skin damage from the sun in people with erythropoietic protoporphyria. It’s also been approved for this purpose in the EU. MT-2 hasn’t yet been approved as a prescription medication.
Does Melanotan 2 Actually Work?
There are even scientific case studies published about individuals using MT-2 that demonstrate the product helps them get darker skin, feel more self-confident, and feel more attractive .
So don’t take our word for it. Melanotan II can support really effective tanning.
Is Melanotan 2 Legal?
As always, whether a substance is legal depends on where you are.
In the US, Australia, the UK, and many other places, peptides, including Melanotan, are generally legal to import, export, own, and use for research purposes. That means you can use it as part of a “study” on “test subjects”.
It’s not on a controlled substance list like hard drugs and they’re not prescription medications.
Having said that, it’s generally not legal to sell locally, which is why you won’t find it in the stores. Domestic sales are restricted to researchers, universities, government agencies, etc.
It’s also worth noting that Bacteriostatic water, which you need to reconstitute Melanotan to inject or spray it, is a prescription-only item in many countries. That means they may be illegal to own.
Always check your local laws and regulations to be sure about what’s legal in your area.
Melanotan 2 Before and After
Melanotan 2 Benefits and Uses
This is the biggest effect.
Basically, Melanotan helps the body produce more melanin, the substance in your skin that makes it darker—and also keeps you from burning when you’re exposed to the sun. That means when your “test subjects” do get sun exposure, they’ll be less likely to burn and more likely to tan if they’ve taken Melanotan .
There’s some pretty good evidence that MT-2 can reduce hunger and even cut down fat storage in animals. Researchers have found that mice, when given MT-2, make different feeding behaviors, choosing to eat less. They also seem to experience a change in their food preferences from more fatty foods to more non-fatty foods .
Regulating blood sugar
Leptin is a hormone that helps in the regulation of blood sugar. But it turns out that melanocortin receptors are also part of that process, and that MT-2 produces similar effects as Leptin . That means that MT-2 could eventually play a useful role in the treatment and maintenance of diabetes.
Improving impulse control and reducing alcohol intake
Improves sexual health and erectile function
Melanotan-2 was originally developed to try to improve sexual health in both women and men. Whereas other ED treatments help with vascular issues, they don’t necessarily help with people with low sexual desire, called hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
MT-2 has been shown to be an effective treatment for men with ED, and it’s especially effective on those for whom other treatments don’t work [15, 16]. Many people find increased libido a side effect of Melanotan 2.
Melanotan 2 Side Effects
- Increase in libido and erections
- Decreased appetite
- Facial hair darkening
- Darkening of moles
As a review on clinical trials on Melanotan has said, “Side effects observed in clinical trials are largely minor” .
Some people take several steps to reduce nausea. These include using anti-nausea medications and also performing all injections before bed.
Melanotan Dosage Guide
Melanotan 2 Dosage
Recommended Melanotan 2 dosage level:
- Start at 250 micrograms (mcg) every day. This will get your “test subjects'” body acclimatized and minimize side effects. You can use this dose indefinitely if you’re looking for a low dose regimen—you don’t have to increase it further.
- Increase up to 500 mcg. Your “test subjects” can increase to 500 mcg after about 2-4 days, or whenever they feel comfortable. This is the standard dose.
- Your “test subjects” can go up to 1 milligram (mg), but this is a high dose. Most people don’t need to go this high.
- Don’t dose past 1 mg per day. This is an overdose.
Melanotan II has a half-life of about 33 hours, so your “test subjects” can be flexible with the dosage schedule, but it’s better to inject morning or midday if they’re going to be out in the sun. If they are using sun tanning beds, inject about 20 minutes or more before.
Melanotan 2 Review: Administration Guide
Reconstruction for Injection
- If you want to use less than 500 mcg of MT-2 in your “research”, it makes sense to use 2 milliliters (200 units) of water.
- If you want to use doses of 500 mcg or more of MT-2 in your “research”, use 1 ml (100 units) of water.
This will allow you to measure the doses accurately and not inject too much fluid.
To reconstruct your Melanotan, you’ll need 1 vial of Melanotan, 1 vial of water, 1 syringe, 1 alcohol swab.
- Take the Melanotan vial and pop off the top so you can see the rubber stopper. Wipe that with the swab to sterilize it.
- Pop off the top of the bacteriostatic water and wipe the rubber stopper there, too.
- Insert the syringe into the vial of water and hold it upside down. Withdraw the water (1 or 2 ml, as described above). Then inject the water slowly in the vial of Melanotan, aiming at the side (not the powder). You may have to do this several times, depending on the size of the syringe.
- Put in the fridge for a few hours or overnight until the powder dissolves. You can swirl or tilt the vial to help (do not shake).
Start by figuring out your dosage, using the amount of Melanotan in the vial you purchased, the amount of water you added, and the size of your needles.
Then choose a Melanotan injection site. The most common is the stomach, but the legs and buttocks are common too. You want to wipe the injection site to remove bacteria.
If you can, pinch a small amount of fat and inject at a 90-degree angle. If you have a low body percentage, you may have to inject at a 45-degree angle. Here’s how to do it:
- Use an alcohol swap to sterilize the Melanotan stopper and insert the syringe
- Turn the vial upside down and withdraw the dose you’re looking for
- Put it back the right way up and remove the syringe
- Find your injection site and wipe it with the alcohol swab.
- Insert the needle into your skin in a firm, swift movement.
- Push down the plunger slowly until all the liquid is gone
- Remove the needle and dispose of it.
- You can expect to see a small amount of blood. Use the swab to wipe it up.
This method is a little less effective than injections, but it can be more comfortable for some people.
Mix the freeze-dried peptide with sterile water (as above) and then put it into a nasal spray bottle. You can also mix it with an over-the-counter nasal mist if you prefer.
- Take the reconstituted Melanotan. Put in a syringe and turn it upside down. Withdraw all of the liquid and remove the syringe.
- Unscrew the cap of your nasal spray and slowly inject the liquid into the bottle
- Spray into your nose.
Where to Buy Melanotan 2 Online? | 2020 Guide
You can buy Melanotan II from many online vendors. Just be careful—there are lots of scammers on the Internet. It takes some digging around to find the people that are selling a legitimate, high-quality product.
We’ve done a bunch of that research and testing work for you and highly recommend Peptide Sciences.
They’re an American company that makes and sells research peptides—peptides to scientists for research purposes. Because they focus on selling peptides for research, their product is 100% pure. They even publish certificates of analysis from labs that demonstrate that they’re delivering only the best product.
Here are the other benefits of Peptide Sciences:
- They have quick shipping. It’s 2-3 days in the US and 10 or less to ship internationally. It’s also free within the USA if you buy over $200 worth of product.
- Pure product. No additives or fillers.
- They have a number of convenient payment methods available. They accept all the big credit cards as well as a number of cyber currency options like bitcoin.
- They have great customer service. If there’s something wrong with your order, just get in touch. They’ll get back to you and make it right.
How to Order Melanotan 2 in Your Country
Peptide Sciences ships all over the world. To order Melanotan 2 to your country, try Peptide Sciences.
They ship to over 100 countries, including the US, the UK, Canada, and most European countries. You can almost certainly get Peptide Sciences to ship to you regardless of what country you’re in.
Review of Melanotan 2 | Verdict
Melanotan II is fantastic if you’re looking to do “research” on darker skin and better protection from the sun. It helps protect your “test subjects” from skin damage and can increase the pigment in the skin making it easy to get that sexy, tanned look.
This Melanotan 2 review makes it clear that there’s lots of scientific evidence that it works. It even has a ton of other benefits too, including reducing hunger and burning fat, regulating blood sugar, and increasing libido. While there are some side effects that people may experience, these are typically relatively light and include yawning, decreased appetite, nausea, and flushing.
Try it out today and say hello to beautiful, tanned skin.
Buy Melanotan 2 from our #1 recommended vendor...
- Plant, T. M. & Zeleznik, A. J. (2014). Knobil and Neill’s Physiology of Reproduction: Two-Volume Set. Academic Press. pp. 2230–2231.
- King, S. H., Mayorov, A. V., Balse-Srinivasan, P., Hruby, V. J., Vanderah, T. W., & Wessells, H. (2007). Melanocortin receptors, melanotropic peptides and penile erection. Current topics in medicinal chemistry, 7(11), 1111-1119.
- Minakova, E., Lang, J., Medel-Matus, J. S., Gould, G. G., Reynolds, A., Shin, D., … & Sankar, R. (2019). Melanotan-II reverses autistic features in a maternal immune activation mouse model of autism. PloS one, 14(1), e0210389.
- Reddit.com (2019). Maintaining color. https://www.reddit.com/r/Melanotan2/comments/dlsitv/maintaining_color/
- Reddit.com (2020). What does the Melanotan dosage amount do?. https://www.reddit.com/r/Melanotan2/comments/en699j/what_does_the_dosage_a
- Van Hout, M. C., & Brennan, R. (2014). An in-depth case examination of an exotic dancer’s experience of melanotan. International Journal of Drug Policy, 25(3), 444-450.
- Brennan, R., Wells, J. G., & Van Hout, M. C. (2014). An unhealthy glow? A review of melanotan use and associated clinical outcomes. Performance Enhancement & Health, 3(2), 78–92.
- Barnetson, R. S., Ooi, T. K., Zhuang, L., Halliday, G. M., Reid, C. M., Walker, P. C., … & Kleinig, M. J. (2006). [Nle4-D-Phe7]-α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone significantly increased pigmentation and decreased UV damage in fair-skinned caucasian volunteers. Journal of Investigative Dermatology, 126(8), 1869-1878.
- FitzGerald, L. M., Fryer, J. L., Dwyer, T., & Humphrey, S. M. (2006). Effect of MELANOTAN®, [Nle4, D-Phe7]-α-MSH, on melanin synthesis in humans with MC1R variant alleles. Peptides, 27(2), 388-394.
- van der Klaauw, A., Keogh, J., Henning, E., Stephenson, C., Trowse, V. M., Fletcher, P., & Farooqi, S. (2015). Role of melanocortin signalling in the preference for dietary macronutrients in human beings. The Lancet, 385, S12.
- Lee, Y. S. (2009). The role of leptin-melanocortin system and human weight regulation: lessons from experiments of nature. Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore, 38(1), 34.
- Bjørbæk, C., & Hollenberg, A. N. (2002). Leptin and melanocortin signaling in the hypothalamus. Vitamins and Hormones, 65, 281-311. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0083-6729(02)65068-X
- Guo, F., Bakal, K., Minokoshi, Y., & Hollenberg, A. N. (2004). Leptin signaling targets the thyrotropin-releasing hormone gene promoter in vivo. Endocrinology, 145(5), 2221-2227.
- York, D. A., Boghossian, S., & Park-York, M. (2011). Melanocortin activity in the amygdala influences alcohol intake. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior, 98(1), 112-119.
- Wessells, H., Fuciarelli, K., Hansen, J., Hadley, M. E., Hruby, V. J., Dorr, R., & Levine, N. (1998). Synthetic melanotropic peptide initiates erections in men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction: double-blind, placebo controlled crossover study. The Journal of Urology, 160(2), 389-393.
- Hakim, L. S. (1998). Synthetic melanotropic peptide initiates erections in men with psychogenic erectile dysfunction: Double-blind placebo controlled crossover study. International Journal of Impotence Research, 10(4), 263-263.
- Brennan, R., Wells, J. G., & Van Hout, M. C. (2014). An unhealthy glow? A review of melanotan use and associated clinical outcomes. Performance Enhancement & Health, 3(2), 78-92.